Monday 5 January 2015

Street Style Article for Noir Online


This time last year, I had written this article for noironline, an online magazine I have really enjoyed working for. I thought it would be worth sharing! Having always been inspired by the way others express themselves,  and London being a hotspot for unique fashion, I suggested that I would do a Street Style piece. (Lucy, the editor, is amazing at letting people have their own creative freedom, I was allowed to choose and write as I pleased!) In retrospect, I'm quite proud that I had the courage to stop strangers on the street, asking if I could interview them and take their photographs, but they were all so lovely.

My favourite thing about these interviews and photographs is that you see how personal people's aesthetic is to them and how it is a translation of the things they love, the places they have been and what makes them who they are. It was great to hear about how Grace's style had transitioned through the years until she found what was best for her, whilst Brett dressed like his musical idol, Nick Cave (I love Nick Cave). Sammy's style was undoubtedly the most eye-catching, and her sense of freedom I think is really admirable. I agree with her comment about London and growing confidence. If you're satisfied and comfortable with what you wear, who cares about anybody else? 

I hope you guys liked my articles! Let me know which street style look you like best, and do you take inspiration from others'?

Anna


3 comments:

alice said...

Ah, I love street style! This is a great article as well!

The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

Anna said...

Thank you so much Alice!

Unknown said...

Ahh this is so cool. I love your blog. And Nick Cave!

http://naomiupton.blogspot.co.uk/