Saturday 10 January 2015

LCM so far: favourites



One recurring item that was seen across most designers on Friday?

Barbour
Trainers.
Both Coach and Barbour showed that current fashion really is a complete amalgam of the casual and smart outerwear and footwear. 


Amidst all the trainers (which I'll admit, okay, I have a slight aversion to), classicism was restored by Joshua Kane. It's difficult to describe how much I love these designs! In a couple of words, I see Kane's pieces for A/W 2015 as Dandy-esque, very Oscar Wilde. Not only are the tailoring, checks and waistcoats are perfection - it evokes nostalgia for a time I wished I lived in where men dressed like this.




J.W Anderson I loved the shape and silkiness of this ensemble. Though I love Kane's fitted and very structured tailoring, there was something beautifully simple about this 60s neckline and button-up. 
So far I've seen a lot of free flowing silhouettes, exemplified by Astrid Andersen but also at J W Anderson. I love the texture of this shirt contrasted with the sportswear and trainers. Again, there's the blurring of lines between different eras, casual and smart.

Christopher Shannon's pieces were wonderful in their quirkiness. Jeremy Scott and Moschino both popularising the use of loud slogan prints and applique, Shannon also featured jumpers with 'Thanks 4 nothing' and 'broke'. 

What I like is that his designs are very grounded in real life fashion, creative and original. Puffa jackets and oversized sweatshirts are everyday style staples, though Shannon adds his edge with characteristic British eccentricity.



With Joshua Kane being my personal favourite from Friday's shows, I was admittedly disappointed by Topman.  I can see the variety of 60s/70s influences coming through, but it just wasn't to my liking. Fur and yellow tartan? I'll pass.

Who are your favourite designers? And which shows are you most looking forward to seeing from at LCM? Let me know!
You can keep updated with the collections at LCM on its section on the Vogue website, here 

Anna

3 comments:

Olivia Emily said...

I LOVED the JW Anderson show - he always gets it so right!

xx
http://www.oliviaemily.com/

Belphoebe said...

Woah, the Topman one is a bit out of character! I would expect that of Meadham Kirchhoff or someone, but Toppers always seem to focus so much on accessible but tailored pieces!

Anna said...

@belphoebe Love Meadham though! And yeah I know, rather odd for them, but I didn't like them last year either!

@oliviaemily He does indeed! was so impressed xxx